Many airlines take advantage of freedoms of the air. These freedoms are rights granted to airliners to use and land in another country’s airspace. These freedoms are applicable to passengers but also to mail and cargo. The Cathay Pacific flight in question is a sweet spot I wanted to share with you.
The Bangkok-Singapore flight (BKK-SIN) is serviced by Star Alliance members Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines and low-cost carriers Jetstar and Scoot.
It is also serviced by Cathay Pacific flight CX717. Furthermore, the flight number is shared on the Hong Kong-Bangkok leg.
There are 3 reasons why I’m pointing out this 5th freedom flight:
- Cathay Pacific is using its brand new A350-900 aircraft. I’ve have flown the A350 with Qatar Airways and it’s an amazing airplane even in Economy class;
- The British Airways Executive Club reward seats on this flights are a sweet spot (we’ll see why);
- All 3 Classes are available for redemption: Business, Premium and Economy.
Reward seats via British Airways Executive Club
In the case of the daily Bangkok-Singapore (BKK-SIN) flight, as mentioned earlier, all 3 Classes are available: Economy, Premium and Business.
The reward seats are as follow per Class:
- Economy (Y) : 7,500 Avios + $55.44;
- Economy Premium (T) : 11,250 Avios + $55.44;
- Business (J) : 15,000 Avios + $55.44;
You can notice that the difference between T Class and J Class is not significant. Furthermore, the fees & taxes are the same. Therefore, I would opt for the Business Class reward. It’s worth enjoying such a perk especially if you consider the high level of inflight service.
Even more, the Cathay Pacific lounge at Suvarnabhumi International Airport is large and well designed. Although, it does not have showers I consider Cathay Pacific lounges one of the best in the business.
This is definitely a oneworld sweet spot. The BAEC program continues to deliver great Asian reward deals such as Qatar Airways Business Class experience I reviewed.
Have you ever experienced an Asian airline? Share with us your experience on Amin On Miles Club.