Hilton Impresario is a premium sales channel for Hilton’s premium bands: Conrad, LXR and Waldorf. It includes a combination of perks that are not available when booking with Hilton online.
Let’s see what’s this program is all about and whether it makes sense to Hilton Honors members.
What is Hilton Impresario?
Impresario is a Hilton booking channel with a limited number of travel agents that delivers additional benefits to travellers. These benefits apply to all Waldorf Astoria, LXR and Conrad properties across the world.
Although booked via a participating travel agents, all reservations are considered as direct bookings and honour Hilton Honors benefits.
Booking a premium Hilton property this channel means many benefits to the client. A typical list of amenities on a booking is:
- Night rate based on Best Available Rate (BAR)
- Complimentary breakfast for 2 people
- $US100 hotel credit per stay (or the equivalent in local currency)
- An upgrade to the next category which is subject to availability
- Early check-in & late check-out
- Double Hilton Honors points on the entire stay
These perks apply on top of the Hilton Honors elite status of the member. Points will add-up fast as well: base points + Gold/Diamond bonus points + Hilton Impresario double points + current bonus promotion(s).
There are no minimum stay requirements. Travellers can book a 1-night or a 10-night stay. The sweet spot for this program lies in the shorter stays.
How is Hilton Impresario different from Amex Fine Hotels + Resorts?
There 3 factors that make Hilton Impresario more relevant than Amex Fine Hotels + Resorts. Let’s see what they are:
- Not all Hilton premium properties participate in the Amex Fine Hotels + Resorts. All of the Conrads, Waldorfs and LXs of world accept Hilton Impresario bookings without exception.
- All Impresario receive double points whereas Amex bookings will miss on that.
- Impresario is a Hilton program. A property will always consider an Impresario booking first for an upgrade and an early check in.
Is it worth booking via Hilton Impresario?
Short answer: yes.
Firstly, guests can book the lowest rate at the premium property and expect to receive the perks we listed. Those who don’t have elite status therefore not eligible for free breakfast will save big on daily breakfast for 2.
Secondly, at check-in, the property will always favour a premium direct booking. An Impresario reservation is equivalent to a Diamond member one.
Thirdly, guests earn double points on top of all other points earnings.
How to book it?
Impresario has a list of approved travel agents. Here they are:
The Luxury Traveller x Classic Travel
Bon Vivant Travel
Michael Trager & Steve White