Turkish Airlines [impressive] African network
As Aeroplan flyers based in Canada we tend to forget about the sheer size of some non-Western carriers.
Turkish Airlines is the best example. The airline expanded exponentially in recent years and flies to destinations such as Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia and Antananarivo, Madagascar. Its total network has reached 47 domestic and 230 international destinations across more than 119 countries.
In reality, Turkish Airlines is largest carrier in the word by number of destinations.
Here’s the African destinations spread across. These are available for redemption with Aeroplan with low fees and charges.
Again, this is the most astonishing part of the Turkish Airlines network. No other airline, not even an African airline, serves that many destinations in the continent. Furthermore, here are the cities the airliner flies to by country:
- Algeria (Algiers, Batna, Oran, Constantine, Tlemcen);
- Benin (Cotonou);
- Burkina Faso (Ouagadougou);
- Cote-d’Ivoire (Abidjan);
- Congo (Kinshasa);
- Egypt (Alexandria, Cairo, Hurghada, Sharm-El-Sheikh);
- Eritrea (Asmara);
- Ethiopia (Addis Ababa);
- Gabon (Libreville);
- Ghana (Accra);
- Kenya (Mombasa, Nairobi);
- Libya (Misrata, Sebha, Tripoli, Benghazi);
- Mali (Bamako);
- Mauritania (Nouakchott);
- Morocco (Casablanca);
- Niger (Niamey);
- Nigeria (Abuja, Lagos, Kano);
- Madagascar (Antananarivo);
- Mauritius (Port Louis);
- Mozambique (Maputo);
- Cameroun (Douala, Yaounde);
- Rwanda (Kigali);
- Sierra Leone (Freetown);
- Senegal (Dakar);
- Somali (Mogadishu);
- South Africa (Durban, Cape-Town, Johannesburg);
- Guinea (Conakry);
- Sudan (Khartoum);
- Tanzania (Dar-Es-Salam, Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar);
- Tunisia (Tunis);
- Uganda (Entebbe);
- Tchad (N’djamena).
Start playing in your Aeroplan account and search for your next African destinations with an open-jaw ticket for example.